Bettering Our Community, Together
Membership vs. Fundraising
The cost of membership at the Y covers operating expenses including but not limited to maintenance, staff, utilities and others. Fundraising is a critical piece to the Y so we can open doors to many in our communities who are
looking to lead a healthier lifestyle, need after school services, provide a life skill such as swim lessons or want their children to have access to youth sports.
The IMPACT your donation has on our Y
- To nurture the potential of youth through building confidence at camp, academic enrichment in safe afterschool programs, or foundational skills and values in our child care programs. In 2021, J. Smith Young YMCA provided over $80,000 in youth afterschool and summer camp scholarships to needy families in Davidson County.
- To improve the community’s health and well-being through combating obesity and chronic disease by providing the support and financial resources people need to make positive change. In 2021, the Y provided over $160,000 in financial assistance to individuals, children and families in Davidson County who will benefit from fun programs, safe childcare and quality membership at the Y, regardless of their financial circumstances.
- To give back and support our neighbors by empowering people with the resources to improve their well-being and connect and contribute to the community, creating opportunities to advocate for social change. J. Smith Young YMCA is proud to support and host many community civic groups, high school swim teams, Special Olympics, child abuse prevention education and other programs that benefit children and families in Davidson County.
- To fix for desktop: Settings > Privacy > Uncheck "Prevent cross-site tracking" and refresh the page.
- To fix for mobile: Settings > Safari/Chrome > Undo "Prevent cross-site tracking" and “Block All Cookies” and refresh the page.